Why we collect personal data
We collect personal data only for the purpose of running our holiday let.
More about the information we collect and how we use it
- If you make an enquiry we collect your name, email address and possibly phone number, in order to respond to you. We won’t use this information for any other purpose. We only keep your contact details if you go ahead and book with us or if you consent to joining our mailing list.
- During your stay your name and contact details will be shared with our Manager (via the bookalet system) so they can arrange to meet you at the start of your visit and be available during it. There are three CCTV cameras at Hartwell for security reasons, particularly to protect the property when it is unattended. They record still images only, with no sound. When you arrive we will tell you how the cameras can be switched off for the duration of your stay.
- After your stay, we may communicate with you shortly after your visit regarding the return or otherwise of your breakages deposit, lost property, or to request feedback and reviews. We may display reviews that you provide, with your permission, on our web site.
- If you register for our mailing list we will use your name and email address to send you very occasional updates with news, late availability and special offers relating to Hartwell. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
Be assured that we will only pass your details on to other organisations when it is necessary to process your bookings, manage our mailing list or where we may be obliged to do so by law. We only use reputable companies who take care to keep your data safe and secure. Apart from that, we will not share your information with anyone else.
Angus Deuchar is responsible for managing data relating to Hartwell. You can contact him:
- By post at Hartwell, Sydenham Damerel, Tavistock PL19 8QU.
- By phone on 07973 600728
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to change or access the information we hold about you
Please tell us if you want us to:
- Change any of your details such as your email address.
- Remove you from our mailing list (or you can use the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send you).
- Remove your details from our customer database.
- Remove any of your feedback or other comments from our website.
- Let you know what details we currently hold for you.
Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations.
We take the privacy of your data extremely seriously. We recognise and adhere to our legal obligations to protect your personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations of 2018. We follow industry standard security measures for handling your personal data both physically and electronically.
We have notified the Information Commissioner of our role as ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and our registration number with Information Commissioner is A8332132.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner about the way we handle your personal data. Find out more here: ico.org.uk/concerns/